Our Local Vision
To play our part, with other local Churches, in leading many people to Christ in Silverton and the surrounding area.
- To demonstrate Christian community, care and discipleship through outward looking small groups.
- These groups are designed to multiply to help the Church grow.
- To meet together each week to celebrate, hear God and learn together as a whole Church.
- To encourage each person to be involved in living out the kingdom of God in the community.
- To be involved in Kingdom projects in our town as God directs. Such projects will not be programs that are aimed at Christian consumers but will flow from our life together.
Our Wider Vision
- To support the apostolic & prophetic ministry of Newfrontiers.
- To see new churches planted across the United States, and especially in the Pacific Northwest.
- We will support new church planting efforts in prayer and by investing people and money.
- To support others who, from time to time, go to serve God in other cultures or nations and who are in fellowship with Silver Creek Fellowship.
There are certain priorities and values that we hold as a church that determines our direction, or "where we’re going". Here are some examples of our values:
- We value personal intimacy with God.
Therefore, we will encourage each member to pursue God for themselves through prayer, the study of the Bible and worship.
- We value the Bible.
Therefore, we will be a church that teaches from the Bible in a way that is practical, exciting and applicable to our everyday lives.
- We value worship.
Therefore, much of our time together as a church will be spent singing songs of praise and worship to our God.
- We value sharing what we've found.
Therefore, we will be “outreach oriented”. Our Sunday morning service will be designed to help newcomers feel welcomed and comfortable. We will seek to encourage and train our members to effectively share the good news about Jesus to those around them.
- We value relationships.
Therefore, we will encourage all of our members to get involved in a small group. Small groups will be our primary means of insuring our members receive pastoral care, discipleship and opportunity to make friends.
- We value participation.
Therefore, everyone involved in the church will be encouraged and helped to discover an area of involvement for them. It is our belief that “every member is a minister” and that the church functions best when everyone is participating.
- We value children.
Therefore, our youth and children’s ministry will be one of our highest priorities. We will invest time, talent, people and money to insure that our children have a high quality ministry offered to them. We want to see the Christian faith passed on to future generations-in the lives of our children and our youth.